I had to do something new.
I went into my bedroom and found this piece of canvas drop cloth. Yes, it is canvas but a totally different kind! And so I cut a piece of it (I tried to rip it first but that didn't work well).
I also added some flowers in the middle of the cats for the left one to give to the right one.
I fixed it by painting over it with white and red....it takes a while for this canvas to dry so I had to make sure things were really dry before doing a next step.
I am concerned that this is the second cat that I've made that has a big red nose! I will continue to try and try new techniques. Lesson Two I will do tomorrow. It is a blind contour lesson.